Join the Cause
Lend a hand in giving back to the environment while you are in Goa and also when away.
While shopping online or at large supermarkets, each product carries a hidden cost to account for the plastic and fossil fuels consumed in making and transporting it. Whenever possible:
- Buy from local farmers
- Shop at neighbourhood stores
- Avoid purchasing fresh produce online
Most water pollution begins as non-biodegradable litter on land. Reduce your plastic footprint by:
- Carrying a cloth or jute bag when shopping
- Opting for reusable metal or glass bottles
- Avoiding disposable plastics such as straws and cling wrap
Each time we machine wash our clothes, we utilise large amounts of chemicals,power, and water. Try to:
- Wash durable clothes less frequently. Jackets and jeans can be worn multiple times before needing a wash, depending on the use.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning agents
- Avoid dry-cleaning garments
Improper waste disposal is perhaps the single largest threat urban spaces face.
- Segregate your waste and dispose of it correctly. Send e-waste to appropriate collection centres and plastic to recycling centres
- Start a kitchen compost. It’s odourless, effective, and free
Take a Walk
Leave your vehicle at home and take a walk. In Goa, you can admire the colourful buildings that stand tall as a testament to its Portuguese heritage or walk along the beach and catch a stunning sunset. Back home, you may spot things you have been missing while rushing past in a vehicle.